REVIEW : Innisfree Capsule Recipe Pack

I've never really used masks, especially those wash-off masks simply because I'm too lazy to wait and wash it off. But today I was walking in Sunway Pyramid and I don't know if it's a sign(?) but I kept seeing people walking past me with "Innisfree" paperbags! So I decided to go to Innisfree and look what I saw ..




If you didn't know what this was(I didn't), they are basically face masks. Innisfree has come up with 12 different types with various uses such as brightening, moisturising, nourishing etc.

 There are two main types:
1. Wash-off pack
2. Sleeping pack

The wash-off pack, obviously as the name suggests, requires you to wash it off after a duration of 10-15 minutes.

The sleeping pack requires you to leave the mask on overnight and clean it off the next day. 

They're priced at RM10/10ml. Pretty affordable in my opinion. 




Since there was an ongoing promotion (buy 4 free 1), I decided to buy 

1. Red Kiwi (Exfoliating & Vitality - Wash off Pack)
2. Bija and Tea Tree (Anti-trouble - Wash off Pack)
3. Canola Honey (Hydrating & Nourishing - Wash off Pack)
4. Green Tea (Moisturising - Sleeping Pack)
5. Bija and Aloe (Anti-trouble and Soothing - Sleeping Pack)


In this post however, I will only be reviewing one of them, which is the Bija & Tea Tree


Tea tree oil is most commonly used to treat acne. In the past, I have used tea tree oil (from The Body Shop) to get rid of some of my pimples. I've never had a lot of pimples so I can't really say if it has tremendously improved my skin condition like it claims it will do, but all I can remember was that it was a little bit on the pricier side and the smell isn't one that everyone would find pleasant. 

To be honest, I have never heard of bija

According to Innisfree,
BIJA : Bija seeds are a rare ingredient that can only be used after they have survived 20 years in the wild. It's hardy properties gently smooth skin and enhance the skin's natural defense system. 

Anyway, here's more info. on the mask itself! 

What it is

1. Skin trouble care with bija and tea tree ingredients (Containing 100ppm of bija oil and 300ppm of tea tree leaf oil)
2. Stimulating, clay texture
3. A clay wash-off pack after gently spreading on the skin

What else you need to know

1. A natural recipe made of ingredients sourced from nature
2. Diverse types for each skin concern 

Warning

1. Be careful not to get residue in your eyes when using it.
2. Close your eyes and be careful not to get residue in the eyes while rinsing.
3. If residue gets into your eyes, do not rub but rinse with water. If residue remains in your eyes, consult a doctor.
4. If the following symptoms appear after using the product, stop using it. If the symptoms worsen, consult a dermatologist.

1) Red blotches, swellings, itchiness or irritation while using the product.
2) If the above symptoms appear when the skin is exposed to direct sunlight after using the product.
5. Do not apply on a scar or any area of skin irritation, such as dermatitis and eczema.
6. Cautions about handling and storing the product
1) Keep the product closed after using it.
2) Keep the product out of the reach of children/babies. If they swallow it, consult a doctor.
3) Avoid extremely high and low temperatures and direct sunlight. 


(Taken from the Innisfree website




Front


Back

I don't think you can see it clearly but on the back it says :

"A wash-off pack with bijou oil and tea tree oil that soothe and keep the skin moisturized."

There is a brown area at the bottom that says "OPEN HERE."

After pulling that flap, you will find the directions on how to use it.


Anyway, to get to the mask, open the top lid and this is what you will see!


After peeling off the sealing foil, you'll find a very creamy, clay-like texture, pastel-green mask.
The colour is so pretty! As for the fragrance, it smells a lot like how I expected tea tree to be but I'm not quite sure how "bija" is supposed to smell like..


Okay so I'm wasn't sure if it is meant for multiple usages but I used it on my face & my boyfriend's as well. Even after that, there was still some extra product left in the tub.. so I just put more on our faces because I didn't want it to go to waste. 
Quite a lot of product for a packaging so small!

After I read a couple other reviews, most of them said they used it for around 4-5 times? So I reckon that you could keep it for future uses.. although the Innisfree website does state that for the best results, use immediately after opening. 
I personally DO NOT RECOMMEND  keeping it for multiple uses because 

1. It is un-resealable, which leaves a risk for contamination.
2. As the website states, it is to be used immediately after opening for best outcomes. After all, who doesn't want to get the most out of the products they purchased right??


I'm not sure if it was the mask or the air conditioning in my room but the mask felt very cooling and refreshing. A little bit heavy but that's normal since it's sort of like a clay mask. As for the smell, some users stated that they felt nauseous (?) because they found the smell really unpleasant but for me, it was alright since I'm used to these scents (I use a lot of essential oils). 



AFTER 10+ MINUTES


The mask started to harden and you can actually feel your face tightening to the point that it's so uncomfortable to smile because of how tight it is!

WASHING IT OFF WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!

I'm one of those people who prefer something hassle-free, easy to use & doesn't require much time/effort so maybe that's why I wasn't very fond of the process of getting it off my face. I don't know if it's because I applied too much product or didn't use a facial sponge, perhaps it might have been easier if I used one but I have a thing with facial sponges (I really don't feel like it's hygienic & it kinda grosses me out). After a good 2-3 minutes I finally managed to get all the product off my face. 


THE AFTERMATH :

My skin felt really smooth & firm. Another thing was that I felt that my skin looked a little bit brighter (?) but I can't say for sure if it was just a placebo effect or if it really did work. 
Although the mask was supposedly for  "anti-trouble" , my pimples still remained very red and angry which I was disappointed to see. However, I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt because maybe the product wasn't meant to give immediate results & probably required continuous use. 

Final thoughts

I didn't really like the fact that it was so hard to clean off but other than that, I felt that it was really good! Smelled alright (no chemical smells), had a really nice tightening effect and it left my skin really smooth and feeling very moisturised and soft! 
One of the biggest issues I had was that it was not resealable and I wish they would do something about that (or you could just share it w/ your friends & family). I love how the packaging is so simple & small, making it travel-friendly. Also, it's a great way to try Innisfree's masks without having to immediately buy the 100ml versions. 


My rating : 4/5





























































































































Share:

0 comments