My Very First Tattoo

I got my very first tattoo on 13 November 2015, in the middle of my SPM. It was a really spontaneous and sudden thing and I didn't actually give it much thought before getting it permanently inked onto my body. But if you're planning to get something inked, please think and evaluate carefully before you actually get one. 

No, I do not regret it at all. The tattoo has a really deep meaning to me and I love it.

Initially, I had this tattoo sketched out with a friend who planned on getting the exact same thing (I know, don't judge). Fast forward to the end, I was the only one who did it at last.  :)

The tattoo as a whole was supposed to be XCVIII which stands for 98 in roman numeral.
I replaced the V with a diamond though. And the dot at the beginning of the tattoo is NOT A TATTOO, IT IS A MOLE. It just happened to be there and I was like oh I guess I could connect the tattoo from there. 


The Diamond : Diamonds are beautiful, beautiful rocks that are so shiny and it's also the hardest material known to man. They are precious and crazy expensive! Diamonds are made through tons and tons of pressure and at very high temperatures. Basically, it's a daily reminder to me, telling me that it will all be worth it. Whatever hardship I'm going through, no matter how painful, it will be worth it.

P/S : It's like all of those Facebook videos and all that tries to deliver the message that the tests you go through in life are going to make you strong in the end but this is my version of it. 


XCVIII : As I said, it stands for 98 in roman numbers. I was born in the year 1998 and that's why I got 98. Nothing fancy here. 


Pictures : 

This was the sketch! 





The actual tattoo.

Ok before you think like "OMG the ending is crooked!", no it isn't. I know it looks like it is in the picture but it healed nicely and it isn't crooked. Believe me, I had a major heart attack when I saw the picture. I totally freaked out and I was like this cannot be happening... 
But it healed alright and it looks like how it's supposed to. 

As for where I got it done, it was done at a tattoo parlour called Nam Tattoo & Body Piercing Studio (Kuching). 

Price : RM160-180 (I cannot remember) 

Tattoo Artist : Normen 

They have a Facebook page as well so you can go search for it & see their other works! They also do tattoo cover ups, and really big pieces (full back or even full body). 

That's all for now! Thank you for reading :)
xx


Share:

0 comments